For the entry of domestic animals in Hong Kong submitting an Import Permit requested in advance AFDC (Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department) is required. The Import Permit is issued in 07 days. Already the International Health Certificate issued by the Brazilian government may not exceed 14 days from the date of its issuance. Dogs and cats will be quarantined at the animal management center for four months. They also must have been fully vaccinated before coming to Hong Kong to ensure they have sufficient antibodies and thus prevent the spread of infectious agents. Animals from 5 months of age will be vaccinated against rabies on arrival and again after release from quarantine. We recommend reserving the quarantine with at least 3 months in advance to ensure that your pet has a place. procedures:
- – Import Permit;
- – Vaccination card – dog (rabies, performed with a minimum period of 30 days, distemper, parvovirus and caninca infectious hepatitis);
- – Portfolio vaccination – Cat (rabies, feline panleukopenia, infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, calicivirus and cat flu);
- – Pets up to 06 months of age must present at least two doses of the required vaccines. Being the last dose of no less than 14 days nor more than 12 months from date of arrival of the animal range;
- – Certificate of health issued by a private veterinarian stating that the animal is fit to travel and is free of any clinical signs of infectious disease or contagious (valid 72 hours);
- – International Animal Health Certificate (CZI), issued by the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture.
Races with No Entry: Brazilian Fila, Argentine Dogo, Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa.
In the case of breeds with physical similarities, which can be confused with the above, you must present the original certificate of pedigree.
The journey from animals less than 2 months of age, or pregnant females older than 4 weeks of pregnancy is prohibited.