India does not allow tourists to enter the country with pets. Only if you are changing, or is a citizen returning to the country. In this case it is necessary to obtain an import license for the animal in Quarantine & Certification Services “DGFT” which must be removed ten days before the arrival of the animal. Domestic animals “dogs and cats” can enter observing a restricted and unrestricted import number. Those from countries where the infection exists in anger, the Animal Health Certificate must include: the registration of the rabies vaccine, the name of the vaccine, the laboratory and the number of the match. Dogs and cats must be vaccinated against rabies solids for over a month, but within 12 months prior to the actual shipment. After clearance documentation quarantine for 30 days will be applied. For the issuance of the International Animal Health Certificate “CZI”.
- – Import Permit;
- – Microchip identification (ISO 11784 or ISO 11785);
- – Portfolio vaccination – dog (rabies, distemper, leptospirosis and caninca parvovirus, infectious canine hepatitis) applied at least 30 days in advance;
- – Portfolio vaccination – Cat (rabies, feline panleukopenia, feline enteritis and leptospirosis);
- – Certificate of health issued by a private veterinarian stating that:. the animal is fit to travel; . no symptoms of rabies; . is free from infectious and parasitic diseases, including leptospirosis, Aujeszky’s disease, scabies, myiasis and leishmaniasis in the last five days preceding such certificate; . is able to transport; . indication of validity.
- – Declaration of the countries visited in previous years;
- – International Animal Health Certificate (CZI) issued by the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture;
There is no requirement for specific treatments. There is no requirement for serology.