Trinidad & Tobago, like most islands, has serious restrictions on the entry of dogs and cats in their territory.
For the entry of animals on the island, it is necessary to fulfill a period of 6 months quarantine. Some countries are exempt from this requirement, but it is not the case in Brazil. It is possible to reduce this quarantine for 6 only 1 month, so the pet needs to be naturalized in one of the allowed countries (Germany, Austria, Bahamas, Bermuda, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Croatia, South Korea, Denmark, United Arab Emirates , Spain, USA, France, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, British Virgin Islands, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Macau, Peninsular Malaysia, Netherlands Antilles, Portugal, Czech Republic, Reunion Sabah, Sarawak, Seychelles, Switzerland, US Virgin Islands, Uruguay). To naturalise in one of these countries, it is necessary to live for six months in one of them.
If you want get in Trinidad & Tobago with your pet, you must take the following steps:
- – Reserve space in quarantine for about 5 months prior to the trip.
- – Issue the import permit before entering Trinidad.
- – The animal should have universal microchip.
- – All the necessary documentation requested in the permit.
- – Notify at least 24 hours prior to local Veterinary Department.
- – Veterinary health certificate attesting that the animal is fit to travel.
- – International Animal Health Certificate (CZI) issued by the Ministry of Agriculture.
If you are in Sao Paulo :
- – Implementation of the microchip, performed by veterinarian at home.
- – Search the documentation at home.
- – Examination of the pet on the trip home a few weeks ago, as mandated by law, and issue the veterinary certificate.
- – Reserve space in quarantine, with five months prior to the trip.
- – Issuance of import permit, made with the authorities of Trinidad.
- – Issuance of CZI (International Animal Health Certificate), made at the Agriculture Ministry.
- – Reserve the puppy with the air co.
- – Monitoring the process and consultancy in relation to all aspects of travel, including choosing the best shipping box.
- – Delivery of all documentation at home.